Years in print:
Established by George Thompson. John Fitch was the first editor. Thompson withdrew from ownership in 1855, and the next year, John and T.S. Fitch, expanded the paper to both daily and weekend editions. In 1862,
William T. Dowdall took over management. He sold the paper to John C. Dobelbower 12/1/1864. On 2/1/1865 fire destroyed the paper’s offices and publication stopped until 3/17/1866. Publication ceased in 1888.