Years in print:
The paper, originally published in Highland, Ill., was moved by owner B.E. Hoffman to Edwardsville in June, 1869. Mr. Hoffman edited and published the paper until 1870, then sold it to E.G. Wolf and Frank Haag. They continued until 1873 when they failed, and the publication was suspended.
(From The History of Madison County, Illinois, by W.R. Brink & Co. 1882).