Years in print:
The American Medical Journal, monthly, was founded in 1873, by Dr. John W. Thrailkill, in the interest of eclectic medicine and surgery. At a later day the Journal passed into the hands of Dr. George C. Pitzer. In 1887 it was bought by Dr. E. Younkin, who conducted it until October, 1898, when he sold it to Dr. M.M. Hamlin. In its school it ranks with the best in the country, and stands at the head in the West.
(From the Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri edited by Howard L. Conard, 1901).