Years in print:
The paper was founded in October, 1880, by Charles O. Wilson, editor and manager. The name means "The Exalted Press," and the publication (a sixteen-page pamphlet monthly) is "devoted to religious reform and the restoration of primitive Christianity." It especially advocates the prohibition of the liquor traffic and the suppression of all secret societies.
(From the History of St. Louis City and County by John Thomas Scharf, 1883).