Years in print:
The Altruist was a monthly paper, partly in phonetic spelling, and “Devoted to Common Property, United Labor, Mutual Assistance, and Equal Rights” for all. It was the organ of the Altruist Community, whose members hold all their property in common and live and work together in a permanent home for their mutual enjoyment, assistance and support. It was published by Alcander Longley.
(From the Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri by Alexander N. De Menil, 1901).
Issued monthly by the Altruist Community, Higbee, Missouri, but considered by historians to be a St. Louis publication.