Years in print:
The Missouri Presbyterian was established in 1865 by Aaron F. Cox, formerly of the St. Louis Observer. Mr. Cox died Nov. 5, 1869. Mr. Cox was born in Philadelphia, and his publishing career began in Louisville, Ky., in 1855, on the Watchman and Evangelist, which was united with the Missouri Cumberland Presbyterian in 1858. The consolidated paper was published in St. Louis under the name of the St. Louis Observer. He retired from that paper in 1862 and became the publisher of the Missouri Presbyterian in 1865.
(From the History of St. Louis City and County by John Thomas Scharf, 1883).
Became Old School Presbyterian.